PHILMONT EXPEDITION UNIT REGISTRATION FOR 2014
Philmont 2014 Paperwork
Unit reservation requests for 2014 Expeditions for Philmont Scout Ranch will be made online beginning Monday, October 29 thru Sunday, December 2, 2012. Please read this attachment completely for instructions on the process, fees, and attendance requirements for Philmont. The following information is provided to assist your unit in placing a reservation request:
1. From Monday, October 29 thru Sunday, December 2, 2012, registration requests will be accepted via internet for 12- day and 7-day Expeditions.
2. Reservations will not be assigned in the order that requests are made. Reservations will be picked randomly by computer beginning December 3, the close of the reservation request period. Special Note: Boy Scout Troops, Varsity Teams, Venturing Crews, and Explorer Posts who have officially been on the *Reserve List for the past four years (2013, 2012, 2011, 2010) will be given priority treatment. These units need to place a reservation request and the system will place their reservation before the other requests are randomly considered. Units who should have been eligible for this offer but have found alternate ways to allow their youth members to participate in 2013 (i.e. participating in a Council Contingent or joining another unit and participating as part of their reservation) should voluntarily withdraw from the 2014 reservation system and honor the minimum participation requirement of every other year.
3. Units may make only one reservation request during this process. However, the request may be made for consideration of multiple arrival dates. Please do not attempt to make duplicate reservation requests.
4. A unit representative may place a crew reservation request for members of their chartered unit only, but are not limited to one crew (maximum crew size = 12 participants), however, please be realistic when estimating attendance to avoid unnecessary expense (forfeited fees) and to permit the maximum number of units to obtain a reservation. Please refer to the formula on the worksheet for determining the number of crews you are requesting.
5. A worksheet is provided in order to assist you in collecting the information required to place your reservation request. Please complete the worksheet and have it available when you access the website. DO NOT SEND THE WORKSHEET TO PHILMONT.
6. Unit representatives may log on to http://philmontreservations.wslive.com/2014 during their assigned week that corresponds with their BSA Region or during the Open Week. To verify the BSA Region in which your unit is located, please contact your Council Service Center.
▶ Week One: Central Region ~ Oct 29 – Nov 4
▶ Week Two: Northeast Region ~ Nov 5 - 11
▶ Week Three: Western Region ~ Nov 12 - 18
▶ Week Four: Southern Region ~ Nov 19 - 25
▶ Week Five: Open Week (Any Region) ~ Nov 26 – Dec 2
Please Note: Week One will begin at 12:00 am Central Daylight Saving Time AND Week Two, Week Three and Week Four will begin at 12:00 am Central Standard Time.
7. The system will allow the unit representative to create a password to allow changes or corrections to the unit reservation entry within their assigned week or during the open week. The representative will receive a confirmation email at the conclusion of the request process. Only one record is kept on file for each unit.
8. Once the unit reservation request process is complete, the computer will randomly select units to receive reservations. When 2014 reaches capacity, groups will continue to be drawn and placed on a *Reserve List for 2014 in the event of cancellations.
9. Units with a confirmed 2013 reservation for Philmont may not place a request for 2014 – units may not attend in two consecutive seasons. Reservations may not be transferred from one unit to another. Philmont will maintain the *Reserve List and contact the next available group on this list in the event of a cancellation.
10. After the computer selection process is completed, an email will be sent to each representative giving them their unit’s status. This will take place during the middle of December. A hard copy of the registration results will be mailed in early January.
11. A $100 non-refundable deposit, per participant will be due February 28, 2013. 12. Questions about the 2014 registration process may be directed to Philmont Scout Ranch by email to email@example.com or by phone: 575-376-2281.
*The “Waiting List” has been renamed “Reserve List”