Powder Horn is designed to help units safely conduct outdoor activities of a fun and challenging nature. It provides an introduction to the resources needed to successfully incorporate a program of outdoor adventure. This course is based upon the Ranger requirements giving participants an exposure to some outdoor/high adventure activities and not a certification event. Even though the course is based upon the Ranger program, it is still useful for anyone involved in delivering a unit-level high adventure program.
All Venturing crew advisors.
- Introduction to the skills necessary to operate their outdoor program and the various certifications necessary and how to obtain those certifications.
- Knowledge of how to identify local resources and consultants for high adventure activities.
- Detailed knowledge of the Ranger Award and associated Silver Award requirements.
- Knowledge of the health and safety requirements of the Boy Scouts of America as they apply to outdoor programs.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Boy Scouts of America as they apply to outdoor programs .