The Trainer’s EDGE replaces the Trainer Development Conference (BSA 500) as the required train‐the‐trainer course for Wood Badge and NYLT staffs. The purpose of the Trainer’s EDGE course is to provide and help develop the platform skills of a trainer. It is meant to supplement the practice offered through Wood Badge and NYLT staff development, with a focus on the participant, while raising the level of skill a trainer brings to the staff experience. Only practice can polish these skills, but this course is intended to “train the trainer” on behaviors and resources while offering hands‐on experience in methods and media.
- Designed to develop the technical skills of a trainer/staff member
- Focuses on the methods and media necessary to ensure learning happens
- District training teams, Roundtable commissioners/staff, Pack Trainers, future NYLT and Wood Badge staff members should attend
- District and council trainers
- Merit badge counselors -- including summer and winter camp staff
- Roundtable staff members
- Pack trainers
- Commissioner trainers
- NYLT & Wood Badge staff
- Troop guides or instructors
- Unit Leaders
- Just about anyone!
Training Date To Be Announced
For more information contact Charlie Bunge at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 944-1178.